Friday, December 18, 2009

Are College Earnings a Lie?

College Earnings: Million Dollar Lie?

I was stumbling through HubPages just kind of looking around (and if you've never been there, it's a great site to find all kinds of interesting information), and I stumbled on a page that was all about the famous "Million $" figure for how much college grads earn over a lifetime over someone who doesn't graduate college. I've always found this to be very suspect - especially considering the sheer number of friends I have who couldn't land a good job out of college, had to stay with menial labor after graduating (after college I spent 14 months at a gas station I had worked at for 3 years to just get through college), and the sheer number of us who have been laid off while my high school buddies who went blue collar are working and doing fine.

So the writers of this page, apparently they found the true government study that's always quoted when talking about the million dollar figure, and they tore it to pieces to show how it's all propaganda. Usually I'm iffy on claims like that, but they link to the study itself and make some great points that are easy to see and understand.

So guys, seriously, take a look at this page all about college as a million dollar lie.

No comments: