Thursday, June 10, 2010

A New Fishing Blog

I stumbled upon a really good fishing blog recently, all about fishing for northern pike.  After briefly browsing through a few of the posts, I have to say that I'm impressed.  This author obviously knows his stuff, is willing to share details and strategies, and the writing style has a very nice flow to it.  In addition to this, the information goes way above and beyond a lot of the rehashed crap that you find all over niche fishing blogs online.  This is also a blog that appears to get a new post once every 1-2 weeks.  This might not seem like a lot at first, but there's no arguing with the quality of the posts, as well as their length, and that helps to make up for it.

I've long been a fan of fishing for northern pike, which is another reason why it's nice to see a blog like this beginning to show up in Google as many others that have been set up are really thinly veiled AdSense sites, and I'm just not into that kind of crap.  So for you anglers who really want some top notch info on chasing those voracious predators, take a look at the blog.  You might be surprised at some of the quality information on there.  I know I was, and that's part of the reason I'm behind on my other important work to get done :)

It's never a bad thing to learn from the pros, but it's also really nice to know that there are amateur pike anglers out there who are also willing to share their point of view on the matter.  So avoid Wikipedia and crap sites like that, and don't expect a really in detail look from some thinly veiled site.

While this list can certainly change as more and more topics are added, for now I'll leave you with links to three of my favorite posts from that blog in an attempt to give you a sense of what this dude's writing style and ability is all about.

  1. Great Pike Fishing Tips for Beginners
  2. Ice Fishing for Trophy Northern Pike
  3. Pike Fly Fishing Tips for Beginners
So I hope you found that all useful, and until next time, keep up the good fight!

No comments: